Listen to these guidelines to make sure your wedding is a hit for you and your guests
This is one of the biggest days of your life, YOUR WEDDING DAY! Of course you want to have a fabulous big day, so you must plan accordingly to avoid any potential pitfalls along the way. I’m going to be discussing all the “Do’s and Don’ts” for your wedding experience.
- Plan the day for yourself, not your guests. Of course it’s important to have happy guests, but this it YOUR day to remember, so keep that in mind during your wedding planning.
- Consider having the wedding and the reception at one location, it’s much easier for timing. Avoid unnnessary travel time by choosing a wedding venue that can accomodate all aspects of your wedding. For an ideal location visit our location.
- Send out your invitation 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding. People have busy schedules, make sure they have enough time to plan around your special day!
- Try to stay within your allocated budget. This seems obvious, but it is very easy to go over budget on certain wedding items. Make sure to do enough research, to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
- Go over the types of pictures you will want with your photographer ahead of time. Most couples have an idea of what they want their wedding album to look like. This is something you must share with your photographer to get you on the same page and give them time to plan and organize their ideas to get you there. Also, be sure your photographer knows which guests you really want photos of.
- Get the groom to be involved, it’s his wedding too. If not helpful with your planning or décor, he can help in other aspects, such as guest lists, RSVPs, and planning the honeymoon. Don’t let yourself overdue it, let him help.
- TAKE TIME TO LOOK AROUND AND ENJOY EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN PLANNING FOR SO LONG! Your wedding day can easily become somewhat stressful trying to please all your guests. Don’t forget to take in the moment and embrace all that you’ve accomplished.
- Don’t compare your wedding. Try not to think things like, “she had an eight-piece band while I just booked a DJ.” This is your experience, do whatever makes YOU happy.
- Don’t be a Superbride. Call in your trusty sidekicks before you’re really scrambling. Here’s a little secret: People want to help. So do yourself a huge favor and accept their kind offers.
- Don’t forget about your fiancé. Put aside the bridal to-do lists and go give him a hug, would you? This is not just party-planning time, it’s major life transition time.
- Don’t let your emotions get the best of you. Do whatever it takes to help you unwind. This is supposed to be fun, remember that!
- DON’T MISS YOUR OWN WEDDING! It’s easy to become overwhelmed with all the festivities of the day, but don’t forget to enjoy it! Sit down and enjoy your meal. Sit and talk to your friends for more than 2 minutes. You want to look back at this day and think of it as nothing but unforgettable.
Try not to overdue it! Let us and our vendors lighten your load a little. Come see our venue and meet with the staff, so we can assure your day will be everything but hectic!